BSc.IT (Bachelor of Science in Information Technology) is a course which is specially designed for those students who want to build their career in the world of information technology. However, most of the students and working people choose BSc.IT distance education program as they don’t want to be a part of regular BSc.IT and get better career opportunities in IT companies. If you count yourself among ones as given one of them, choosing BSc.IT correspondence education in Ambala comes as one of the right options for you. By doing the job, and looking for your BSc.IT distance education after office timings, you have managed to get the best of both worlds.
Basically, online BSc.IT course is a three-year bachelor’s degree program that can be done after completing higher secondary education from any government-recognized board. So, to get enrolled in this bachelor’s degree program in information technology, a student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology subjects in their 10+2 education. Although some universities appraise Mathematics subject only in their Distance BSc.IT program. If you join this Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala, you will surely get better opportunities in the future.
What is BSc.IT education?
BSc.IT program rotates around the field of Information Technology, which is essentially about storing, processing, securing, and managing information. Networks, software development, and testing, information databases, and programming, etc. are some of the subjects of study covered in the course. The course can be pursued on any full-time and part-time basis in India.
- BSc.IT focuses on the field of Information Technology and the various subjects that are related to it.
- The BSc.IT students will get to know the different ways by which bulk information can be managed, stored, and secured.
- Some of the important subjects that are covered in the course are Web Programming, Computer
- Fundamentals and Emerging Technology, Computer Organization and Architecture, Networking, and Internet Environment.
- The course is offered on both full-time as well as part-time basis.
- BSc.IT graduates will be able to perform various technological tasks related to the management of data and information.
1ST SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Communication Skills– Important topics covered- Grammar, Communication skills, essay writing, letter writing, vocabulary, translation, and comprehension.
- Problem Solving Methodologies and Programming in C– Important topics covered- pre-programming techniques, Introduction to C Language, Control Structures, Header files & Library functions, User-defined functions, Arrays, and Structures.
- Foundation of Information Technology– Important topics covered- Concepts in Information and Processing, Introduction to Computers, Computer peripherals, Computer language and OS, Binary & Arithmetic Code and Internet Technology & World Wide Web.
- Foundation of Mathematics and Statistics– Important topics covered- Matrices, Linear systems of equation, Interpolation, Integration, Differential Equations, Chart and Curve, Linear Programming problem, Correlation and Regression, and Curve Fitting.
2ND SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Advanced C and Data Structure– Important topics covered- Pointer, UDF, Searching and Sorting techniques, Data file handling, Data Structure, Stack, Queue, Linked List, and Tree.
- DBMS– Important topics covered- DBMS Concepts, Introduction to FoxPro, Database file commands, File handling commands, Library functions, Set command, Input/Output Initializing, Looping Commands, Procedure-related commands, and Conditional & Branching commands.
- Computer Organization and Architecture– Important topics covered- Digital Logic Circuits, Digital Component, Data representation, Central processing unit, Input-Output Organization.
- SAD&SE– Important topics covered- Project selection, Requirement analysis, Structured analysis, Design of files, Software design, Software Engineering, Software Testing, and Software management.
3RD SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Operating System– Important topics covered- Processes, Deadlock, Memory Management, File System, and Input-Output.
- Object-Oriented Programming with C++ – Important topics covered- Principles of Object-Oriented Programming, Tokens, Expressions, Control Statements, Functions in C++, Classes, and Objects, Inheritance, Constructor and Destructor, Pointer, Virtual functions and Polymorphism, Console I/O operations, exception handling and working with files.
- Programming with Visual Basic– Important topics covered- Visual Environment, Multiple forms, MDI, Procedure, Functions, Menus, Library Function, and Visual Basic Data tools.
4TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Application Development– Important topics covered- PHP and MySQL.
- RDBMS using Oracle– Important topics covered- SQL, SQL Plus, Managing tables and data, Oracle DB objects, Data control and Transaction control command, Oracle Database structure, and Backup & recovery.
- Introduction to Java– Important topics covered- Basics, Concepts of class, packages, Networking, Multithreading and Exception handling, Applets, Event handling, and Swing.
- Computer Network Technology– Important topics covered- Network layer, Network layer protocols, Transport layer, Application layer, Multimedia networking and Wireless and Broadband Networks.
5TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Programming with C# and .NET languages– Important topics covered- .NET Framework, Programming with C#, Working with GUI, OOP and Database Programming with ADO.NET.
- Advanced Java Programming– Important topics covered- Distributed Computing using RMI, Database Programming using JDBC, J2EE Platform, and Servlet Programming.
- Software Quality Assurance and Project Management– Important topics covered- Concepts of Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Verification and Validation, Automated Testing, Project Economics, and Project Scheduling and Tracking.
6TH SEMESTER SUBJECTS
- Programming with ASP.NET– Important topics covered- Framework and Web Contents, Validation and State Management, ADO.NET and Database, XML, Web Application and Configuration.
- SQL Server– Important topics covered- Configuration of SQL Server, Roles of DBA, Fundamentals of Indexes, Backup Fundamentals, Fundamentals of Restore, Transaction and Locking Mechanism.
- Network Management and Information Security– Important topics covered- Information Security, Network Management, Network Security, Identification and Authentication, Cryptography, and Internet Security.
Benefits of BSc.IT
To be able to graduate BSc.IT, you need to have a love for the subject. Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala is one of the hardest graduate courses and will need the utmost hard work and dedication from your end. But it’ll all be worth it, and here are the reasons why.
Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala gives you the advantage of many career prospects. From careers based upon the natural sciences like physics, biology, and chemistry, to careers based on mathematics, technology, and computers, you can go for a field that truly interests you and make a career that you will love for the rest of your life. The list of careers you can get after doing BSc.IT is just endless. Therefore, by enrolling in for BSc.IT, you are giving yourself the best opportunities. Students can even switch to careers in management and law after BSc.IT.
Compared to other streams like commerce and arts, BSc.IT graduates earn a higher percentage of salary and a better option of benefits. Science and technology-based careers are growing as more countries become developed and globalization creates more job opportunities. Therefore, with your degree, you will get value as a professional and opportunities to work in some of the best companies and industries.
Some of the most respected and popular professions in the country like doctor and engineer require you to have a BSc.IT degree. If you want to become a doctor, you will need to be extremely good at PCB (physics, chemistry, and biology), subjects, and if you want to become an engineer, you will need to be good at PCM (physics, chemistry, and mathematics) subjects. Other important professions like scientists and lawyers (science-related specializations) also need students to have a BSc.IT degree.
Most students who do Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala also inclined to study further to get into a professional career. Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala allows you to study for a master’s degree or even do a doctorate. As in the case with science, the more you study, the more your education path becomes concentrated allowing you to focus on an area of expertise. Most BSc.IT students prefer studying further, not because they don’t get career opportunities, but they’d rather study more and go in for a specialized career that will get them a good salary, success, and job satisfaction.
Change the World
It might sound far-fetched, but the truth is that people who study Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala has a better chance of changing and improving the world. People who are researching and discovering new information, people who are researching medicine to improve quality of life, and people inventing and innovating new products, mostly come from a science background or have studied in a field closely related to science. Therefore, if you want to change the world, go for a BSc.IT degree.
Career Scope After Pursuing BSc.IT Correspondence
By analyzing the current market strategy, every business wants to adopt the technologies like website development, web portals, database management, software development, and other technical solutions. Hence, the need for skilled IT individuals arises. For those who are skilled and want to go with an online BSc.IT degree, you can reserve your IT profile as per your skill set and depth knowledge on the specific domain with Distance BSc.IT Education in Ambala.
After completing the BSc.IT, you can start Walk-in interviews as well as participate in the off-campus which is organized by the specific IT Company. Make sure you will not be offered a high package in your first job, but you can ask for the high package after some months or years of experience along with skills and expertise in distinct technology.
BSc.IT course is the graduate level IT degree that can lead the students or working individuals in the various workspaces or employment areas which can be IT Industries, Telecommunication Industry, Research & Development Organizations, Aerospace, and Defense Services, etc.
Job Profiles After Completing Online BSc.IT Degree
Now let us unfold the job profiles that can be considered after completing the BSc.IT distance learning from any government approved university:
- Application Programmer- Simply put, application programmers write the code for the software used in computers and other electronic devices. They create software applications by writing code that is error-free, maintainable, and scalable. They also test and evaluate applications, and tweak and improve applications to make them user-friendly.
- Database Administrator- Database administrators or managers create and maintain databases compatible with their companies’ needs. This information technology (IT) professionals oversee database updates, storage, security, and troubleshooting
- Website Designer- Designing engaging and responsive landing pages. Integrating client CMS programs and data feeds into websites. Optimizing sites for maximum speed and scalability. Employing industry and design best practices through the website build process. Conducting website testing.
- Website Developer- A website developer designs and creates websites. They may work on the website only until it goes live, or they may maintain all of the website’s technical aspects to include growing the site’s traffic. These developers may also create or manage their client’s web content to meet business goals.
- Graphic Designer- The Graphic Designer’s job includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing, and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions, and more.
- SEO Executive- SEO Executives help companies improve their websites and increase visitor numbers. The role will include analyzing competitors’ SEO, compiling reports through Google Analytics, and assisting in the creation of relevant content.
- Technical Writer- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- System Designer- Systems Designer (Information Technology) Systems designers (IT) create detailed design documentation for the development and integration of computer systems to meet the needs of businesses.
- Management Information System- Executives lead all information technology operations within a company. They are responsible for planning, designing, developing, and evaluating computer systems. MIS Executives have various duties depending on the type and size of the organization they work for.